Economics 101

The best economic advice that you will ever receive - maybe.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Wall Street Is A Wreck! Who Am I Kidding, The World Is A Wreck!






Wall Street is confused while Ben Bernanke is nowhere to be seen. Where is the guy, when you need him the most. Gold is down, the semiconductors are down, the MUTUAL FUNDS and BONDS are down, the 10-year bond is barely up, everything besides OIL id down. Let's not forget that gold and the 10-year bond are two very good indicators of Wall Street. And when the bonds and mutual funds are down in a time of crisis like this, you the world is screwed (plus Ben Bernanke). I think you have to have a defensive portfolio. We had to own a defensive portfolio before the interest rate meeting (in which interest rates rose .25% and went to 5.25%), why is the G8 summit any different. The funny thing is the timing. Right when the G8 meeting is going to happen they decide to start a war. I think that oil will continue to do good, which is why I advise you to buy Chevron but only as a short-term investment. I also think that you need to own Electronic Arts. These guys make sports video games. With the release of FIFA 06, Electronic Arts is going to do great. I think you hold until the holidays, and when all the new video game systems come out, that's your triger. But I advise you to buy Electronic Arts somewhere between $40-$42. I also think that Apple Computer is a definite buy. You buy it now and sell it at $90-$100. This may take a few months, or a few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home