Economics 101

The best economic advice that you will ever receive - maybe.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Long-term Update/Report+What 2 Watch 4

The time has come for a long-term stock update/report. A new stock has emerged from out of the blue. I have been watching these guys for a long time and I honestly think that American Science and Engineering Inc. is an awesome stock and now is the time to buy. Yahoo's Business Summary says the following:


BUSINESS SUMMARY

"American Science and Engineering, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, and sale of X-ray and other inspection solutions worldwide. It offers CargoSearch Inspection Systems, including high-energy and medium-energy nonintrusive inspection and screening devices that are used for the inspection of trucks, cars, cargo containers, pallets, and air cargo to combat trade fraud, drug trafficking, weapons smuggling, and terrorism at border crossings, seaports, military bases, railroad centers, airports, and cargo and transportation hubs. The company’s Z Backscatter technology detects plastic explosives, plastic weapons, illegal drugs, and other contraband; Shaped Energy X-ray technology provides the penetration capability of high energy X-rays for dense cargos, without the problems caused by excessive radiation; and Radioactive Threat Detection technology detects dirty bombs and nuclear devices simultaneous to the production of Z Backscatter and transmission images. It also provides ParcelSearch Inspection Systems, which are designed for the nonintrusive X-ray scanning of parcels, baggage, and mail. Its products also include SmartCheck, a personnel screening system for the screening contraband and threats hidden under a person’s clothing, such as guns and knives, plastic explosives, composite weapons, and drugs. The company offers its products to seaport and border authorities, military, airport, federal facility, and corporate security providers. The company was founded in 1958 and is headquartered in Billerica, Massachusetts."
Now that you have an idea of what they do, you also can see why they are such a great company.
I was looking at filings and one stood out. All the information is below:

Date:Dec 11
Symbol:SOLF
Company:Solarfun Power Holdings
Price:$11.50 - $13.50
Action:Filed
More Info:Profile
If I haven't emphasized it enough, I really think that Blockbuster is another profitable buy. Look at their growth rates. The next long-term stock is Starbucks. I've already talked a lot about this stock which is why I command you to look at my previous blogs to see why I love it so much. Next pick is MasterCard. It has an unbelievable future which makes you buy it. This is one of the best growth stocks, or just plain stocks, you will ever have the oppurtunity to buy. Microsoft is another company that needs to be bought. Why? Isn't Apple a better company? Isn't Apple jsut crushing my Microsoft and its reputation as a brand? No and no. Microsoft has bounced back and responded to Apple's iPod with its Zune. Plus, Microsoft is no normal company. It has the budget to enter any of what I call sub-markets in the technology industry no matter how much it loses. With its new Vista operating system it should do better and retain its brand name. The NYSE Group has been a surprise lately but I feel it will it $150. There are many people you have to watch for this holiday season, including all the names in my last blg entry. But watch Saks Fifth Avenue. The experts are reccommending it highly and I think it might actually have a chance. However, I can't guarentee anything about this stock, especially since I haven't done my own homework on it.
Breaking News
By: ME
Under Armour has changed its symbol from UARM to UA
I think you should really watch Staples. These guys can't stay up forever. They should be dropping soon, and when they bottom I think you need to... heck I don't know where its even going to be at so I can't guarentee anything. I'd also like to see what happens to Vonage and Hansen Natural next year. There has not been much activity with Qualcomm, so I'd like to see what is going to happen to it in the near-future. In addition, I think that Gamestop, you know, the guys who own EB Games, will drop after reaching such heights.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Feb 24, 09:33:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good post.

    I was surfing the net, the other day, for a cheap and reliable internet phone service (Voip) and came across one that is cheaper than Vonage and just as good.

    Anyone interested can check them out at Via Talk .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home