Economics 101

The best economic advice that you will ever receive - maybe.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Latest on the buy list for 07 and more

I have decided that it was finally time to post the buy list for 2007. There are some investments which you should buy at leas tin 2007 and hold it for a while. So I'll give you some long-term picks, and then I'll give you some short-term picks as well.

Buy List for 2007
MasterCard (MA) - Long term + at least $10 on short-term
Starbucks (SBUX) - Long-term investment + at least $4-5 profit on short-term
Boeing (BA) - long-term after a little drop
These guys should go up in the long-term. I see Boeing at least at $120 5 years from now.
NYSE Group (NYX) - Long/short-term
The New York Stock Exchange Group has taken a little dip lately, bu is still a good investment fot both the short and long-term. On the long-term, more money can be made, but the short-term works out.
BRVO - wait a little for these guys, maybe until they reach 15 cents to buy. If you look at their charts you'll see why
Microsoft (MSFT) - Probably a long-term investment
I don't think that much profit can be made in the short-term off of this stock, but that these guys could probably go to $40 in a matter of 5 years or less.
Time Warner (TWX) - short-term
By the end of 07 these guys should be done with their success. Time Warner will probably go past Cramer's price target of $26, and I think it may even reach $30
Apple Computer (AAPL) - short/long-term
We have heard this about this stock and it's company way too many times in the news this past year. It is such a fabulous company always with a product or two up it inventory just waiting to surprise the world, better yet it's competition, much like it's video iPod. These guys have taken a $10+ drop which is why I think now is the time to buy or don't buy at all.
Best Buy (BBY) - short-term
I think these guys could benefit you long-term, but the fast cash in these guys is in their short-term benefits. You hold these guys for one year, and depending on the (amount of) new video game consoles their is in the market, you sel before or after the holiday season.
Open Energy (OEGY) - Long term
These guys have dropped so low, that it is time to buy. You hold this company for 5 to 10 years and you have at least made 100-300% in gains.
Exxon Mobil (XOM) - short-term
The president recently said that we are going to rely more on ethanol and alternative fuels than gasoline which is why I am reccommending XOM as a short-term reccommendation. Do yourself a favor, and buy XOM. It will go way up.
Motorola (MOT) - short-term
Motorola is now at about $20 and will go back to $24 very soon, so it is a must-buy.
Sirius (SIRI) - short term
Sirius is down at $3.66, and I think it is the time buy.It will go up to at least $4.25 one more time, and that's the time you should cash out. Huge believers can cash out when it hits $4.45, but that's a risk becasue it may not even get there. Expert analysts are giving this a buy as well.
Net Bank (NTBK) - long/short term
I have just done some research on these guys and Net Bank looks like a short-term depending on what you think of a short-term buy, as far as time period goes. I think if you hold these guys for maybe one year, you will have highly benefited. I will continue doing research on this stock and will d my best to make some time to provide you as well as my other viwewers with more information and a price target on when to sell.
XM Satellite Radio (XMSR) - short/long term
At this point in time, I really don't knwo what is going to happen to XM, but it seems that however late it maybe, it isn't too late to buy this stock. These guys have some serious potential and I think that they might as well by Sirius which would probably benefit both sides unlike the Lucent buyout.
Whole Foods Market (WFMI) - long/short term
Whole Foods is expanding so rapidly you could just cash out of it quick or you can hold this stock for 10 years and make even better profits off of this stock. In 5 years, I see these guys having reached at least $100.
Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) - short-term
These guys have already made their expansion which is why I'm not reccommending as long-term. They're well priced at the moment. At about 23 times earnings they are pretty okay.
New World Restaraunt Group (NWRG) - short/long term
Short-term is preffereable but long-term should bring in some proft too. This company owns Noah's Bagels, which I think could expand.They also have their own small coffee chain and have other subsidaries. Check out their website, http://www.nwrgi.com/.
Ebay (EBAY) - short/long-term
In this case, short term is a more profitable guarentee but in 2 years Ebay should have at least reached $45-50. They seem at a good price right now, $17 away from their 52 week high. I can't say that it is exactly well-priced, with its 41.45 P/E ratio.
During my freetime, I decided I also should make a list of who to watch as well. So here is my watchlist.
My/Your Watchlist
Jamba Inc. (JMBA)
These guys are probably at a goood price to buy at the moment. It is definetly a perfect time to buy, if you want to of course. I don't have as much faith in this stock as I do in most others on my buy list, which is why it isn't listed there. But this a go-ahead time to buy this stock.
Electronic Arts (ERTS)
I don't think that this stock will go any higher, even though it is still about $8 short of its 52 week high. Holiday season is simply over, and so is the magic for Electronic Arts. This company should plummet to at least $45. I don't know when I can call it a buying oppurtunity, but I'm sure there will be a point in 2007 when I reccommend this stock.
QualCOMM (QCOM)
I don't know what went wrong with this company's stock. It's probably since there such an old company. I would reccommend it as long-term but this stock may take 10 years of holding and patience before you get a really really good gain, not just $5-10, which still isn't bad. I think there may also be a point next year where I reccommend this stock, especially before it has earnings, since it has outperformed analyst's earnings expectations for 7 consecutive earnings dates now, the equivalent to almost 2 years.
Blockbuster (BBI)
I would continue reccommending Blockbuster if it weren't for where it's been. It's already came from $3 and something to $5. I don't think it can go much higher, but I vow to do some more homework on it.
Research in Motion (RIMM)
I don't know whether to reccommend this stock or not because it just keeps going up and nears its 52 week high just when you think it's going to plummet.
Jones Soda (JSDA)
Cramer reccommeded these guys very recently but I don't think they're a buy. However, you have to watch it thorughout 2007.
Intel (INTC)
I don't know what to say aobut this company. All I know is that they are no longer an intriguing buy.
Amazon.com (AMZN)
I don't know if Amazon is a buy or not but I'll do more research on it and determine whether it's a buy, sell, or hold, I just need some time.They have some room to go up, but I don't see anything that would give them a little boost.
Nokia (NOK)
I don't know how Nokia will perform, especially since it seems that Motorola is doing by far a better job as far as profitability an dintelligence goes. Motorola knows everything-their demographic and who to target, how to advertise, how to design their phones, and most important, how to destroy their competition which they did in 2006. Nokia will have to prove it can play Motorola's game in 2007.
Palm (PALM)
2007 ought to be an interesting year for tech. Everybody is going to have to restablish their brand except for the winners of 2006, like Apple and Motorola. Besides that, it's going to be a tough year for tech. Palm is a bit hard to predict because they are one of those companies that needs to restablish their brand, and Blackberry seems to be growing faster than Palm. Palm has so much room to go up, but then again they are not only not meeting expectations but lagging behind in the market that they once dominated.
Sony (SNE)
With their new release of the PS3 and with teh PSP in the market you'd think that they're stock should be in the buy list. You're wrong. The stock basically went up only $3. Since there was so much competition and the PS3 is a it pricy and there are dramatic shortages, the PS3 may not do so well. Many gamers are going to Nintendo's DS as their portable console choice. I think Sony won't really have to establish it's brand but has to somewhat show some more empathy for its company and price its products realistically.
I also have found two very new and interesting companies.
New World Brands (NWBD)
This company is a whole sale technology company and is at an extremelly good buying price.
These guys seem like they are very well indeed at a good buying price. Check them out and you'll see what I'm talking about.
World Hockey Association (WHKA)
This is also a stock at a great buying price. Just watch this company's one year chart and you'll know what I mean.
That is it for now, and I hope that you had a happy holiday season. For all the Laker fans out there, I can share my empathy with you in their loss to the Heat. And Heat fans, well, you beat us pretty well, our shots were just not going in and we got in foul trouble. Well, happy holidays and have a happy new year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home